National Cohesion and Values – This is an indicator that aims to promote national cohesion, national values and principles of governance to create a transformed, cohesive, peaceful, united and values-driven nation.
MDAs will be required to implement commitments and way forward in the 2018 Annual President’s Report on National Values and Principles of Governance.
To achieve this, MDAs are expected to:
- Implement at least five (5) commitments and submit in the prescribed format an Annual Progress Report on the implementation of the commitments and way forward captured in the 2018 Annual President’s Report on National Values and Principles of Governance (60%).
The following are the eight (8) commitments and way forward in the 2018 President’s Annual Report on measures taken and progress Achieved:
- Align policies and implement programs, projects and activities to the realization of the Big 4 agenda;
- Continual fight against corruption,ehance judicial processes and capacity building to facilitate dispensation of justice and adherence to the rule of law;
- Continual public awareness creation, capacity building, enforcement and monitoring of national values and principles of governance;
- Support the building bridges initiative by implementing interventions aimed at promoting national unity and nationhood.;
- Continual preparedness, collaborative ways to enhance public safety and security and the fight against terrorism;
- Enhance collaboration between the two levels of government to entrench sharing and devolution of power;
- Implement measures to support gender mainstreaming and youth empowerment;
- Enhance the protection of the environment by securing riparian lands, water towers, improving the national forest cover and other measures to facilitate sustainable development;
2. Submit in the prescribed format the Annual Report on measures taken and progress achieved in the realization of National Values and Principles of Governance (40%).
The above two reports shall be submitted to the Directorate of National Cohesion and Values by 15th January 2021 through hard copy OR emailed to
email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Directorate will analyze MDAs’ annual reports and issue a certificate of compliance at the end of the performance contract period.
- For any clarification/additional information regarding this indicator, contact the Directorate of National Cohesion and Values on Tel. No. 0758 – 948706 or 0712 – 382871 or email: email@example.com.