NOTE: The weight of this indicator in the PC guidelines has been upgraded from 1 to 2 due to its significance in the provision of improved service to the public.
National Cohesion and Values – This is an indicator that aims to make national cohesion and national values a central rallying ingredient and theme in the planning and execution of national policies, programs, projects and activities for effective service delivery as envisaged in Sessional Paper No.8 of 2013 on National Values and Principles of Governance.
To achieve this, MDAs are expected to:
- Implement at least five (5) commitments and submit in the prescribed format an Annual Progress Report on the implementation of the commitments and way forward captured in the 2020 Annual President’s Report on National Values and Principles of Governance (40%).
The following are the eight (8) commitments and way forward in the 2020 President’s Annual Report on measures taken and progress achieved:
- Fast track implementation of programmes, projects and activities for the realization of the “Big Four” Agenda.
- Implement the Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines and protocols including other sector driven protocols to facilitate continuity in the execution of Government policies, programmes, projects, activities and public services.
- Leverage on and enhance use of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and other innovations in service delivery.
- Continue to enhance the fight against corruption, dispensation of justice and observance of the rule of law.
- Enhance the capacity of public institutions and the public to adhere to the provisions of Article 10 of the Constitution through civic education, training and sensitization on national values and principles of governance.
- Continue enhancing the collaboration between the two levels of government to entrench sharing and devolution of power.
- Continue to implement measures to protect the environment, mitigate climate change, and improve the national forest cover.
- Implement measures to promote inclusivity and representation of Kenya’s diverse communities in the public service.
2. Submit in the prescribed format the Annual Report on measures taken and progress achieved in the realization of National Values and Principles of Governance (60%).
The above two annual reports shall be submitted to the Directorate of National Cohesion and Values by 15th January, 2022 through hard copy OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Directorate will analyze MDAs’ annual reports, assess performance and issue a certificate of compliance with a score at the end of the performance contract period.
- The weight of this indicator in the PC guidelines has been upgraded from 1 to 2.
- For any clarification/additional information regarding this indicator, contact the Directorate of National Cohesion and Values on tel. No. 0758 – 948706 or 0712 – 382871 or email: email@example.com