National Values and Principles of Governance – This indicator aims at making national values and principles of governance a central rallying ingredient and theme in the planning and execution of national policies, programs, projects and activities for improved service delivery.
MDAs are required to:
- Implement at least four (4) commitments and submit in the prescribed format an Annual Progress Report on the implementation of the commitments and way forward captured in the 2022 Annual President’s Report on National Values and Principles of Governance (40%);
The following are the six (6) commitments and way forward in the 2022 President’s Annual Report on measures taken and progress achieved:
- Implement measures to support the five pillars of the Government Plan as outlined in the Bottom Up Economic Transformation Agenda (2022-2027) namely: agriculture, Micro, small and medium enterprise(MSME) economy, housing and settlement, improved healthcare for all Kenyans and digital superhighway and creative economy;
- Leverage on digitization and automation of government processes to make 80% of government services online;
- Enhance adherence to the provisions of Article 10 of the Constitution through civic education, training and sensitization and mainstreaming of national values and principles of governance;
- Implement measures to promote accountability and openness in the management of public affairs and institutions;
- Support devolution by strengthening collaboration and cooperation between the two levels of governments for improved service delivery; and
- Continue to implement measures to protect the environment and mitigate climate change.
- Submit in the prescribed format the Annual Report on measures taken and progress achieved in the realization of National Values and Principles of Governance (60%).
The two reports shall be submitted to the Directorate of National Cohesion and Values, Extelcoms House 10th floor by 15th July, 2024 in hard copy and soft copy emailed to: email@example.com with a copy to Nationalvalues2017@headof publicservice.go.ke
The Directorate will analyze MDAs’ annual reports, assess performance and issue a certificate of compliance with a score at the end of the performance contract period.
For any clarification/additional information regarding this indicator, contact the Directorate of National Cohesion and Values on Tel. No. 0720944992, 0740871554 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Nationalvalues2017@headofpublicservice.go.ke